I'm certainly looking forward to Wireguard on IOS but I am interested in its
use for a VoIP softphone such as Bria.
Does having the tunnel up all the time drain the battery?

Regards
Michael Knill

On 2/2/19, 10:13 am, "Lonnie Abelbeck" <li...@lonnie.abelbeck.com> wrote:

    Announcing Pre-Release Version: astlinux-1.3-4073-68d8d5
    Provided no issues found, this will become AstLinux 1.3.5

    Significant development on WireGuard VPN support, related to available iOS
and Android WireGuard Apps
    --
    iOS WireGuard (iOS 12+)
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wireguard/id1441195209?ls=1&mt=8

    Android WireGuard
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wireguard.android
    --
    Re-read first half of WireGuard VPN Configuration --
https://doc.astlinux-project.org/userdoc:tt_wireguard_vpn

    The AstLinux Team is regularly upgrading packages containing security and
bug fixes as well as adding new features of our own.

    -- Asterisk, version bump to 13.24.1 and pjsip 2.8

    -- Linux Kernel 3.16.61, security and bug fixes.

    -- WireGuard VPN, version bump to 0.0.20190123

    -- WireGuard VPN, add wireguard-mobile-client script to manage mobile
clients.  Also used by the web interface.

    -- Web Interface, WireGuard VPN sub-tab, add "Mobile Client Defaults" and
"Mobile Client Credentials" sections.

    -- Web Interface, Status tab, improve layout of "WireGuard VPN Status"
section.

    -- arnofw (AIF), add WIREGUARD_ALLOW_OPENVPN rc.conf variable, Allow
WireGuard tunnel to OpenVPN tunnel(s), disabled by default.

    -- wol-host, new command to send Wake-on-LAN packet to specified host, by
IP or DNS name.
     Example: wol-host --ping 192.168.101.13
     More info: wol-host --help

    -- fossil, new feature to optionally send commit notifications via email
while using 'fossil-commit'.
     New rc.conf variable FOSSIL_NOTIFY must be defined (via user.conf) as To:
email address to enable.
     Additional new, optional rc.conf variables: FOSSIL_NOTIFY_FROM,
FOSSIL_HOSTNAME

    -- Complete Pre-Release ChangeLog:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/beta.astlinux-project/astlinux-changelog/ChangeLog.txt

    New Documentation Topics:
    EdgeRouter-X VPN Endpoint --
https://doc.astlinux-project.org/userdoc:tt_edgerouter-x

    Updated Documentation Topics:
    WireGuard VPN Configuration --
https://doc.astlinux-project.org/userdoc:tt_wireguard_vpn

    The "AstLinux Pre-Release ChangeLog" and "Repository URL" entries can be
found under the "Development" tab of the AstLinux Project web site ...

    AstLinux Project -> Development
    https://www.astlinux-project.org/dev.html

    AstLinux Team