Thanks Lonnie

As 1.3.2 is my current stable release, 13se should be good.
I do like the concept actually.

Regards
Michael Knill

On 19/4/19, 7:00 am, "Lonnie Abelbeck" <li...@lonnie.abelbeck.com> wrote:

    Hi Michael,

    The first 13se version will be Asterisk 13.23.1, same as AstLinux 1.3.4
used.

    The current 13 version is 13.26.0 .

    When there are security fixes we will apply them to the 13se version, and
if you can identify any important fixes that are 13se worthy let us know.  We
have already included such a fix.

    Currently both Asterisk 13 and 16 are changing at about the same pace, some
of you will appreciate the 13se version which will not change as often.

    Lonnie

<michael.kn...@ipcsolutions.com.au> wrote:

    > Here are some dial plan changes I needed to make to move from Asterisk 11
to 13:

    > - Unset JITTERBUFFER(adaptive)=default
    > - CDR is completely different
    > - ParkedCall application has changed
    >
    > Will the 13se version be the latest Asterisk 13 version? There were a few
bugs with earlier Asterisk 13 versions!
    > I do like the idea of no pjsip and the pain I had moving to 13, I wont be
moving to 16 for quite a while.

    > I like - stable edition __
    >
    > Regards
    > Michael Knill
    >
    > On 19/4/19, 12:54 am, "Lonnie Abelbeck" <li...@lonnie.abelbeck.com> wrote:
    >
    >    Thanks for the survey responses, but publicly and privately.
    >
    >    We have decided to no longer build Asterisk 11 in the future, but
instead of Asterisk 11 we will be introducing a new 13se version, along with 13
and 16.

    >    The 13se version will have the same focus as Digium's Certified
Asterisk, somewhat older, but more tested versions of Asterisk that don't
change as often.  In addition the first 13se versions will be built
--without-pjproject so it will be smaller and not require a bunch of
modules.conf noload's to keep the pjsip modules from loading.  The 13se version
will be the easiest transition for Asterisk 11 users.  Alternatively if you
want chan_pjsip, Asterisk 16 probably is the better choice.

    >    BTW, what does 'se' stand for: (whatever you like best)
    >    - stable edition
    >    - special edition
    >    - simple edition
    >
    >    In the next week we will offer Pre-Releases including 13se to test.
    >
    >    I personally was using Asterisk 11 and forced myself to move to the
Asterisk 13se build.

    >    For later reference, here are the steps I took to migrate from 11 ->
13 ...

    >    1) As always, the current Asterisk version's sample defaults are in:
/stat/etc/asterisk/

http://git.asterisk.org/gitweb/?p=asterisk/asterisk.git;a=blob_plain;f=UPGRADE.txt;h=b3dcf0fb470f3772de6f3627b86f1ecf27c06a16;hb=refs/heads/13