ive been running asterisk 16 in the lab and in small installations for awhile
now without any major issues..  there was some AMI changes I had to make t oa
couple of my applications that use CLI Command functions..   its running well
on my raspberry pi 4's and on one APU2. granted this is not astlinux..  its in
a Centos environment and the machines are dedicated asterisk boxes and not also
router / firewall. like all asterisks ive worked with, i slim down the modules
i compile and load to the minimum that I need..   ive got both PJ and chan_sip
(on different machines)..  both seem to work well..   you do have to compile PJ
in even if you dont use it..  asterisk fails to compile without it (in my
experience).

    On Saturday, December 18, 2021, 08:33:48 AM EST, Michael Keuter
<li...@mksolutions.info> wrote:

> Am 18.12.2021 um 14:28 schrieb Lonnie Abelbeck <li...@lonnie.abelbeck.com>:
>

>> On Dec 18, 2021, at 4:32 AM, Michael Keuter <li...@mksolutions.info> wrote:
>>

>>> Am 18.12.2021 um 02:04 schrieb Michael Knill
>>> <michael.kn...@ipcsolutions.com.au>:
>>>
>>> Hi Group
>>>
>>> Wanting to get some dev work done over the Christmas break and am
>>> considering my options.
>>> Certainly moving from Astlinux 1.3.10 to 1.4.4 but trying to decide whether
>>> I move to Asterisk 16 or not.
>>> Has anyone had any issues? Are there any gotchas with the move? I can only
>>> see AMI changes for the Command action!
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Michael Knill
>>> Managing Director
>>
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> I successfully migrated all my AstLinux installations to Asterisk 16 in 2021
>> and had no issues so far.
>> I just tweaked the "modules.conf" to not load the new stuff that I don't
>> needed.
>>
>> And the parking stuff is now in a new "res_parking.conf" file in Asterisk
>> and has to stripped from "features.conf".
>>
>> There are simple advices in the Asterisk error messages after the upgrade
>> (e.g which new files could not be loaded => "/stat/etc/asterisk/").
>>
>> Michael
>
> IIRC Asterisk 13 already contained the res_parking.conf
> "; Note: From Asterisk 12 - All parking lot configuration is now done in
> res_parking.conf"
>
> Lonnie

Yup, you're right.
I just tracked a customer upgrade in Fossil - But now as you say it - it was
from Asterisk 11 to 16 :-).

Michael

http://www.mksolutions.info