> Am 21.01.2022 um 00:57 schrieb Ionel Chila via Astlinux-users
> <astlinux-users@lists.sourceforge.net>:
>
> Any guidance / faq, formal or informal for moving from Asterisk 13 to 16?  I
> run a very small home setup with 3 SIP providers and about 20 clients.  My
> sip.conf and extensions.conf is not that complex :)
> Do I need to put in another image?

No, just make a backup before. Then change the Repository URL.

> Would it preserve my current configuration? I appreciate any guidance.

Your current config is preserved. Asterisk 16 includes a few new modules. You
can exclude them in "modules.conf" with "noload => xyz.so" if you don't need
them.
No so much has changed in the dialplan.

Look into the CHANGES and UPGRADE.txt:
https://github.com/asterisk/asterisk/tree/16

> As always great community and great work with Astlinux team.
>
> Cheers

> | A |     Release: astlinux-1.4.4 - Asterisk 13.38.3
> | s |   Host Name: HOME-PBX.entouch.net
> | t |   Last Boot: 2022-01-20 12:21
> | L |       Linux: 4.19.208-astlinux x86_64
> | i |         CPU: Intel Atom D2550 (4x) @ 1866 MHz
> | n |         RAM: 3933 MB
> | u |  Board Type: genx86_64
> | x |    Hardware: Generic x86_64