If you are looking for redundancy on the WAN uplink then the way to do it
is with bonded interfaces not bridged interfaces, assuming the other end
supports bonds (also known as Link Aggregation) then the network layer will
take care of it all.  Astlinux out-of-the-box does not support bonded
interfaces, I have added support in my version of Astlinux (on my Github,
in the develop branch).

I have bonded interfaces on both my WAN and LAN.  The WAN has two ethernet
cables connecting to my cable modem.  The LAN has two ethernet cables
connected to my switch that is configured with a LAG (link aggregation
group), you need a managed switch that supports LAG.  I did it because my
Comcast/Xfinity service will deliver 1.4Gbps download speeds, and one
ethernet cable maxes out at just under 1Gbps, so to get the most out of my
internet service I need to be able to pump more through the Astlinux
gateway than a single cable will allow.  But you also get redundancy,
disconnect one of the two bonded cables and the system doesn't miss a beat
(but max throughput drops to 1Gbps).

David