Hi Michael,

Nicely described issue.

1) Adjust lcp-echo-* settings (requiring AstLinux 1.4.1 or later)

By default the pppoe ppp peer options include:
--
lcp-echo-interval 20
lcp-echo-failure 3

Try adding a PPPOE_PPP_OPTIONS variable in your /mnt/kd/rc.conf.d/user.conf
file:
--
PPPOE_PPP_OPTIONS="lcp-echo-interval 5 lcp-echo-failure 10"
--

Test and adjust values accordingly.

2) Adjust QoS

Possibly (AstLinux 1.4.4 or later) CAKE support in the traffic shaper would
help, but no evidence it would.

3) Changing the service to IPoE

I have always thought to avoid PPPoE if possible, so if IPoE is an available
choice, that may be a good idea.

Lonnie