Hi,

We have added a new addition to our "Generic x86_64" hardware list, under "Mini
PC Hardware" ...

Bmax B1 Plus Celeron N3350 Fanless Mini PC
[1] https://doc.astlinux-project.org/userdoc:board_bmax_b1_plus

The Bmax B1 Plus Mini PC can be purchased new for ~$100 USD. The value
proposition is key, running AstLinux quite nicely, albeit with a single
ethernet interface. Alternatively, similarly priced Mini PCs with SATA storage
or reused thin clients may have a similar value proposition.

I personally purchased the Bmax B1 Plus via Amazon for $95 USD (after discount
and coupon), the only additionally cost was a Silicon Power 128GB A55 M.2 type
2280 SATA SSD for $15 USD.

The Bmax B1 Plus has onboard soldered 6 GB of RAM, N3350 dual core 2400 MHz CPU.

The Bmax B1 Plus is fanless, and only draws 3 Watts when idle.

The Bmax B1 Plus initial setup requires some BIOS configuration [1], disabling
eMMC support is key and will prevent booting to Windows.  Then boot via USB
(FAT32/Master-Boot-Record formatted) containing the AstLinux Installer ISO
files.  Install to the internal M.2 type 2280 SATA SSD.

The M.2 SATA SSD is trivial to install, and the BIOS is not limited like some
Mini PCs are.  Both Legacy and UEFI are supported with Linux, but UEFI is the
default.

The Bmax B1 Plus runs AstLinux well, and coupled with configuring LXC
containers and its 6 GB of RAM, this box offers a lot at a very competitive
price.  Think of it as AstLinux features (Asterisk, Firewall, VPN, etc.)
coupled with LXC x86_64 RaspberryPi-like replacement features.

Surprisingly, even with the Realtek NIC, the little box can serve as a
WireGuard VPN endpoint at near 1 Gbps line speed.

The single ethernet interface is the primary drawback, but VLANs are your
friend, allowing LXC containers to use an internal bridged VLAN and/or support
an internal LAN (VLAN) network for phones/devices while connected to a managed
ethernet switch.