Astlinux network initialization script has the ability to add an additional
IP address to external interfaces.  You can define a list of IP addresses
in the EXTIF_ALIAS and EXT2IF_ALIAS variables in user.conf.  However the
script is hard coded to apply a /32 network mask.  Was this deliberate?

I want to add an alias of 192.168.100.xx/24 to my external interface,
with that I can access 192.168.100.1 which is the IP address of my
(everyone's?) cable modem.  I have been doing this manually in rc.local but
discovered that this is not resilient to the link going down/up, which is
when I discovered that the network script has this alias support.  But the
/32 netmask prevents routing to any other devices because the subnet is,
well, zero in length.

It feels like the network script should either require that the netmask is
included in the EXTIF_ALIAS, or test to see if one is specified and only
add /32 if none is provided (I suggest /32 for backward compatibility
only... I think it should have defaulted to /24).

Thoughts?
David