Hi Michael,

Not sure what you mean by "dyn-dns plugin"?  Plugin to what?

In this day and age, certificates that depend on the system to have a valid
time are quite common.

If you are using Network tab -> "Dynamic DNS Update:", the update will use
HTTPS (via curl) to secure your credentials, which will require a valid system
time.  Note the "Dynamic DNS Update:" (set external DNS record) has nothing to
do with "DNS-TLS" (retrieve DNS).

The AstLinux system clock is maintained via one or more of:

1) CMOS flash with battery RTC (bare metal)

2) Virtual Machine host provides date/time (VM)

3) Time is set on startup using chrony using Network tab -> "Network Time
Settings:"

While I have not had any practical issues over the years using "DNS-TLS", you
can either use a manual IPv4 address in "Network Time Settings:" or use the
/mnt/kd/dnsmasq.static trick as described here [1] to "almost" guarantee the
clock is valid at startup.

Lonnie

[1]
https://doc.astlinux-project.org/userdoc:tt_dns_tls_proxy#possible_startup_issues