On 11/07/2016 03:03 PM, Michal Kazior wrote:
On 7 November 2016 at 15:22, Ouri Lipner <lip...@equus-tech.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I’m consistently encountering issues with raw wifi packet injection.

Sending a raw packet in monitor mode keeps crashing the firmware.
This happens consistently with every firmware that supports raw mode.
Currently on kernel 4.9-rc2 but older drivers behave the same.
Is this an issues with a missing parameter (e.g. in RadioTap) or a real problem
with the firmware?

To the best of my knowledge firmware does not support frame injection
on monitor vdev. Therefore this is expected. Moreover this limitation
is mentioned on ath10k wiki:
https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/ath10k

Any ideas?

You could probably hack up the driver to create and use AP or STA vdev
alongside monitor vdev to use it's vdev_id for frame injection. I'm
not aware of anyone trying that out so far though.

I had this sort of half-arsed working at one point, but it was very limitted
and could only send legacy rate frames.

Ouri:  What are your goals for sending raw frames?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <gree...@candelatech.com>