On 2018-03-08 19:20, Kalle Valo wrote:
Arnd Bergmann <a...@arndb.de> writes:

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 2:18 PM, Govind Singh <govi...@qti.qualcomm.com> wrote:
The asm/dma-iommu.h header file exsists only on arm32, no other architecture.
I'm not sure about the purpose of the patch to start with:
it's normally up to the platform code to allocate IOMMU domains,
device drivers should only need to manually interact with the
IOMMU layer if they need more than one domain, but this ath10k
patch appears to be using the default domain and should have no
effect as long as the platform code works correctly.
Thanks Arnd, I have fixed this and migrated to 64bit
API's(iommu_attach_device/iommu_detach_device/
iommu_get_domain_for_dev), will share the next revision.
I tried using the default domain by adding the stream ID and mask in
dt and no manual interaction, but it is resulting in TZ error and
unhandled context fault.
Seems I need to provide explicit mapping range(aperture_start/
aperture_end) as this is only working combination for me..

I don't see why you need to do that at all, can you clarify?

The IOMMU should be set up implicitly for you here based on the iommus
property in DT, with no driver changes at all. This should work on all
architectures/

Maybe Govind is using some out-of-tree tree which is buggy in this
regard?

Actually there is limitations in using the iova address range for wlan IP. It can allow certain iova range and i was attaching the iommu to specify the iova range. I am exploring if i can use "dma-ranges" in dt to avoid the manual interaction apart from
stream ID and mask.

BR,
Govind