On 09/28/2018 03:47 PM, Rajkumar Manoharan wrote:
On 2018-09-28 12:57, Ben Greear wrote:
On 2018-09-28 08:25, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:

So this just uses the calculated airtime based on rate and size? Wasn't
there supposed to be an airtime usage value reported by the firmware? :)

Firmware interface changes are in progress. Airtime for sta/tid will be
reported via
htt tx-compl and rx ind messages. Meantime I thought it would be useful to use
Kan's changes
for ATF validation in ath10k using existing firmware. :)

Maybe you can get the firmware guys to report the tx rate in the tx-completion
(like I have been doing for years in my ath10k-ct firmware)?  Then let the host
do the air-time calculating?

I'll give them firmware patches if the want :)

Ben,

As you know, it needs cleanup in firmware to free up space for new interface
changes. Most of time we try to leverage rsvd/unused slots. I am aware of that
you did a lot of clean up in CT firmware which is quite hard in official
firmware as it also has to support prop. releases. Kalle can answer much better.

There are hard ways to get more space in the firmware, but there are also some
easier ones (un-used members in structs, better natural packing, and such).

If there was a QCA firmware engineer that could promptly discuss these things
with me and apply patches, I can feed them patches.

And, the 10.4 firmware already has some extra space in its tx descriptor that
can be used to report tx-status without much additional code or RAM.  The
wave-1 stuff
needs some more serious hacking and does consume more memory.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <gree...@candelatech.com>