On Mon, 19 Nov 2018, Dave Taht wrote:

I'm not sure if this was a fluke or not, but at Starbucks recently I sat
outside,
right next to their window, and could not scan their AP at all.  Previously, I
sat
inside, 3 feet away through the glass, and got great signal.  I wonder what
that was
all about!  Maybe special tinting that blocks RF?  Or just dumb luck of some
sort.

Ya know, I could definitely see a market for a material like that! I'd
like it for my car, so bluetooth wouldn't escape.

That would break your tire pressure sensors (each car is rolling around broadcasting 4 unique bluetooth IDs, not hard to track)

David Lang