On Tuesday, 11 June 2019 12:59:25 CEST Sven Eckelmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the firmware doesn't seem to parse the max_antenna gain from
> ath10k_update_channel_list anymore. At least the
> /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/ath10k/tpc_stats shows me max antenna gain 0
> when I set it in ath10k_update_channel_list to 12.
[...]

Just checked the code a little bit more and there seem to be two problems. One
is in ath10k and the other one is in my PoC change. The problem in the latter
is the missing change in the vdev_restart.

But the problem in ath10k is more interesting. It seems to be that the
firmware expects the max_antenna_gain in dBm but the ath10k driver sends it in
twicepower (0.5 dBm steps). At least this is what I see in tpc_stats when
setting all max_antenna_gain to 12.

And the funniest part is that the configured 9 dBm is shown as 12 twicepower
(6 dB) in tpc_stats for 5GHz PHYs when using the US country code (but not when
using Germany or checking 2.4GHz PHYs). Is there some hardcoded limiter in the
firmware for FCC 5GHz?

Kind regards,
        Sven