On 4/29/2024 12:32 PM, Kalle Valo wrote:

If the problem is on ath10k side I would rather semove support for
802.11w altogether (until it's fixed). It's controlled with this flag:

        ieee80211_hw_set(ar->hw, MFP_CAPABLE);

Alternatively if it works on some hardware and not on others we could
make it per hw, for example disabled on QCA6174 and enabled on all
others.

Yup, that would definitely be ideal.

But I found some old documentation claiming that 802.11w can be disabled
from Network Manager, if it works that sounds like a good temporary
solution:

(...)

So I tried this by running `nmcli connection modify <SSID> wifi-sec.pmf 1` (after setting `key-mgmt` to `wpa-psk` since `SAE` requires PMF), but for some reason it is now refusing to connect. The "Configuring Interface" message shows up with the spinner, and then after a while a "No secrets were provided" error shows. In `journalctl` I see the following output (pasting Gist link since I don't know if you're supposed to attach logs in email on mailing lists, please let me know if that's expected otherwise!):

https://gist.github.com/ericswpark/b7447021cda590237aea0a9f13f92134

Once I turn it back to defaults with `wifi-sec pmf 0` it starts to connect again.

Perhaps the driver showing that the card is capable of PMF, however broken it might be, is causing NetworkManager and wpa_supplicant to be confused? I did find a couple of bug reports that might be related:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/-/issues/104
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/-/issues/129

- Eric