On 6/3/2024 1:21 PM, pgu...@hindutool.com wrote:
> The manufacturer of my wifi7 modules (Compex) suggested I use the following
> repository:
>
> https://github.com/quic/upstream-wifi-fw/tree/main/ath12k-firmware/QCN9274/hw2.0/1.3/WLAN.WBE.1.3-03253-QCAHKSWPL_SILICONZ-1
>
> Is this part of the ath12k project?  I have seen it online but have not used
> it.

That (unfortunately misnamed) repository exists only for the benefit of the
QSDK project, which is a fork of OpenWRT. The firmware releases in that
project have only been validated with drivers that are part of the QSDK --
they have not been validated with upstream kernel.org drivers.

Note that the firmware move from Kalle's personal Github account to CodeLinaro
is just one step in what we hope to be a consolidation effort that is also
intended to include firmware from github.com/quic/upstream-wifi-fw as well as
independent projects containing board files.

/jeff