Hi all.

I guess this might be interesting for people here, too :)

Bye, Mike

Subject: [Madwifi-devel] 5000 USD reward to who should help us! - Looking
for support on the RF Registers of the Atheros AR5414
From:    "Andrea Tarasconi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:    Thu, July 17, 2008 15:11
To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dear Sir/Madam,

        even if we have an official TLA with Atheros, we cannot have the needed
support about few RF Register usage, so we are looking for somebody
giving us the needed support.

What support we are looking for the Atheros AR5414
=======================================
The support we need to sombody very well knowing the Atheros chip-set are
both related to the RF Registers (not documented):
- Operating in the 802.11a mode, how to move the base systhetized
frequency to 4600 or 4700 MHz and how to move to 5500 or 5600 MHz instead
of the 4800 MHz default.
- How to change the RF channel stepping from the standard 2.5 and 5 MHz
stepping to a  more fine 1 and 2 MHz stepping.

Unfortunately there is no official documentation about and we were not
able to guess the correct numbers to write into the RF registers because
the structure of the RF Registers is very complex and quite completely not
documented!

Any help will be appreciated.

A reward of 5000 USD will be provided to who will be able to give us the
two solutions (just the consultancy), otherwise a reward of 2000 USD will
be provide to who will give us only one solution.

Please feel free to forward this email to anybody you think may be able to
help us directly or indirectly forwarding to others.

Thank you again for your cooperation.
Kind regards,
Andrea

Should you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards,

Dr. Andrea Tarasconi, Technical Director (CTO).

            Direct phone: +39 0522 9483.22
            Mobile: +39 335 8049677
            E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Essentia S.p.A. - Telecomunicazioni & Sicurezza

Head Quarter: Via G.B. Vico, 29 - 42040 Cella (RE), Italy
Phone: +39 0522 9483.11 - Fax: +39 0522 9483.33
Worldwide Web: www.essentia.it <http://www.essentia.it/>  - E-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Title: 5000 USD reward to who should help us! - Looking for support on the RF Registers of the Atheros AR5414

Worldwide Web: www.essentia.it - E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]