On Friday 18 July 2008 20:19:06 Nick Kossifidis wrote:
> 2008/7/17 Bruno Randolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > hi!
> >
> > this is just a preview and a RFC. i would like to know what you think
> > about the general approach and will send a cleaned up version for final
> > review later.
>
> I fully agree, i wanted to clean this stuff for a long time (that's
> why i marked it as a TODO).

good :) i'll complete and send in the patch ASAP then.

> > what i left out is control_rates. it would be good if we could get that
> > information from mac80211 somehow but if that is not possible we can set
> > up a small table for them. they are the same for a given rate in any
> > mode.
>
> Control_rates is not difficult to implement, it's used together with
> ack rate stuff...

yes, it's no big deal.

> > also i think i figured a way for reverse conversion from hw code to rate
>
> Have you tested it ?

yes. i think it works. i noticed only one strange thing: sometimes the HW
gives us rate values which we don't know, for example 28. but maybe that's a
ATH5K_RATE_CODE_11M (24) plus AR5K_SET_SHORT_PREAMBLE 0x04. i didn't know
about the short preamble flag until now.

> >  /* adding this flag to rate_code enables short preamble, see
> > ar5212_reg.h */ #define AR5K_SET_SHORT_PREAMBLE 0x04
>
> Can we please make use of this flag ? (see below)

sure. i missed that.

> I think it's better if we have them in hex (it's a hw value)...

allright, changed.

bruno