On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 08:28:53PM -0700, Brian Prodoehl wrote:
> I have a patch set which adds pretty nice support to ath5k for the
> 900MHz cards out there, but right now the regulatory support I have
> for them is a hack.  CRDA devs, are you open to adding the 900MHz ISM
> band to your database?  Have you thought about how you might want to
> support the 3.65GHz licensed band and the 4.9GHz public safety band?

Sure, the support for 900 MHz or other strange frequencies won't work
unless your hardware is capable of them (ubiquity cards), but my
understanding is these cards are also sold with specific FCC
certification and as such you are the operator.

The idea with CRDA is to add support to what you are allowed to use
in a generic database. If you are legally allowed to use 900 MHz
in the USA then we need to specify the rules there. If it is a custom
rule then you can just create your own db.txt, use your own public RSA
key to sign the database and just use that.

So the public database should have items which are general. If you have
custom regulatory permissions you are free to create your own database
file. Mind you the driver also can provide its own regulatory
restrictions so this needs to be considered as well.

  Luis