On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Paride Legovini
<legov...@spiro.fisica.unipd.it> wrote:
> I wanted to enable my laptop's (thinkpad x60s) wireless led with the new
> debugfs interface, as described e.g. here:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/ath5k-devel@lists.ath5k.org/msg01903.html

That patch didn't actually go in, so you'll have to apply it manually.
It has some race conditions with initialization so I didn't feel it was
worth including in that state.

> I tried to 'modprobe ath5k debug=0x00000080', but the led_pin and
> led_polarity files did not appear. So I tried to rmmod ath5k and then to
> modprobe ath5k debug=0xffffffff. What resulted both of the times I tried
> it is a kernel panic.

So modprobe ath5k debug=0xffffffff always panics?  That's not good.
Care to post the trace?

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com