Hi
I am trying to enable mesh mode in ath5k for a my projectwork. I am using
compat-wireless-2.6.tar.bz2  and kernel 6.28

when i give the

cmd:iw phy phy0 interface add mesh0 type mesh mesh_id meshmac

it creates an interface with mode auto not mesh and after a while it goes to
station mode by itself.

Q.is in any way network manager responsible for switching to station mode?

in cfg80211 - wext compat code, i dont find any option for adding mesh point in
function

int cfg80211_wext_siwmode(struct net_device *dev, struct iw_request_info *info,
                          u32 *mode, char *extra)
{
        struct wireless_dev *wdev = dev->ieee80211_ptr;
        struct cfg80211_registered_device *rdev;
        struct vif_params vifparams;
        enum nl80211_iftype type;
        int ret;

        if (!wdev)
                return -EOPNOTSUPP;

        rdev = wiphy_to_dev(wdev->wiphy);

        if (!rdev->ops->change_virtual_intf)
                return -EOPNOTSUPP;

        /* don't support changing VLANs, you just re-create them */
        if (wdev->iftype == NL80211_IFTYPE_AP_VLAN)
                return -EOPNOTSUPP;

        switch (*mode) {
        case IW_MODE_INFRA:
                type = NL80211_IFTYPE_STATION;
                break;
        case IW_MODE_ADHOC:
                type = NL80211_IFTYPE_ADHOC;
                break;
        case IW_MODE_REPEAT:
                type = NL80211_IFTYPE_WDS;
                break;
        case IW_MODE_MONITOR:
                type = NL80211_IFTYPE_MONITOR;
                break;
        default:
                return -EINVAL;
        }

even after setting mesh point option i am not able to setup a mesh mode, it
always sets up auto mode.
 Q, does iwconfig support for mesh option?

 I am a bit new with device driver programing. I need som guidance here

Thanks
ShashiRaj