On Mon, 2009-07-20 at 07:54 +0530, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 11:14:02AM -0400, Bob Copeland wrote:
> > It sounds like an rfkill issue -- does compat-wireless work (which has
> > better rfkill support).
>
> I cloned compat-wireless GIT tree and build HEAD as of last night.
> "iwlist ath0 scan" works!
>
> I am nervous about using a bleeding edge kernel. Which ko files do I
> need to copy to run the ath5k compat-wireless driver with my debian
> 2.6.30 kernel?

I think using modules compiled for another kernel is much more dangerous
than using a kernel that wasn't marked as a release, especially if the
later is actually working.

You can try compiling compat-wireless for Linux 2.6.30, but I would just
leave the kernel that works.  If you have any regressions with the
"bleeding edge kernel", please consider reporting them to the
appropriate mailing lists.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin