Hi Bob,
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Bob Copeland <m...@bobcopeland.com> wrote:
> We're setting gpios for LEDs (and eventually rfkill) mostly by trial
> and error.  Does Atheros happen to know which laptops/chipsets use
> which pins, or is it completely up to the OEM?  Should this just be
> configurable via sysfs or modparam?
How about control of system-provided LEDs?
F.e. I have embedded systems (Alix, Wrap) with three front LEDs which
use Mini-PCI Wireless cards (which have no own LEDs or LED connectors):
http://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-TL-WN660G-Wireless-Internet-Notebook/dp/B0012UP7LE/ref=pd_cp_e_2

00:0c.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Atheros Communications Inc. Atheros
AR5001X+ Wireless Network Adapter [168c:0013] (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Atheros Communications Inc. TRENDnet TEW-443PI Wireless PCI
Adapter [168c:2051]
        Memory at e00c0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Kernel driver in use: ath5k_pci
        Kernel modules: ath5k

(BTW. its not a TRENDnet as shown, but a TP-Link TL-WN660G)

now I would like to be able to set a trigger for one of these LEDs which
show activity of the wireless card (RX/TX combined), something like:
echo ath-led > /sys/class/leds/alix\:2/trigger

# lsmod | grep led
ledtrig_timer           3200  0
ledtrig_heartbeat       2432  0
ledtrig_default_on      1792  0
leds_alix               2948  0
led_class               4228  2 ath5k,leds_alix

Is it possible to add this feature to ath5k ? Or is it even already
possible, and I only need to know the proper name for the trigger?

thanks, Günter.

PS: please put me in CC - I'm not (yet) subscribed).