Von: Bob Copeland <m...@bobcopeland.com>
An: Joerg Pommnitz <pommn...@yahoo.com>
CC: linux-wirel...@vger.kernel.org; ath5k-devel@lists.ath5k.org
Gesendet: Donnerstag, den 22. Oktober 2009, 15:08:32 Uhr
Betreff: Re: ath5k with two NICs runing IBSS and AP mode simultaneously causes
error

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Joerg Pommnitz <pommn...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> ath5k phy0: no further txbuf available, dropping packet.
> The timing makes it very likely that the hostapd on wlan1 disturbed the iperf
> run on wlan0. Is this a known problem? Is there something I can do to help
> track this down?

It is a known problem - please do try to track it down.

I think a good place to start is looking at the creation
of tx descriptors, particularly for the beacon and CAB
queues, and make sure they are properly released.  Maybe
printing out a high-water mark of the created vs available
descriptors when transmitting packets would be a useful
data point.

BTW the reason all traffic stops is that we stop the queues
but don't re-enable them in that case -- we should probably
set a timer or something to recover from that situation.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com