On 6.12.2009 19:49 Johannes Berg wrote:
> Umm, no it won't, that's only with your specific mac80211
> implementation. Try on rndis for instance.
So I looked at both drivers that define set_wiphy_params: rndis and
iwmc3200wifi. Both ignore WIPHY_PARAM_RETRY_SHORT and WIPHY_PARAM_RETRY_LONG,
so WIPHY_PARAM_COVERAGE_CLASS is just another parameter they would ignore.

Anyway, I don't mind adding set_coverage_class to cfg80211_ops if you think
it's the best solution. It won't change the netlink API.

Lukas Turek