On 9.12.2009 14:30 you wrote:
> That's definitely completely inaccurate. Even before you get packet
> loss, as you lower the ACK timeout value, you will first start to get an
> increase in the number of retransmissions.
In fact the ping was "ping -s 1472 -c 1000 -i 0.002", that's more than
12Mbit/s pushed into the link. Sorry, I shouldn't call it "ordinary ping".
I didn't say it was perfect, but it couldn't have been completely inaccurate,
because I found the athctrl value for 11a mode and Madwifi value for 11g mode
that way.

> Yes, the current formula in Madwifi looks correct. We should use that.
OK, I will prepare a revised patch series. However I need to fix the usec to
clock conversion in Ath5k before (currently it's correct for 802.11a only).

Lukas Turek