Hi all,

I use Atheros AR5212 mini-PCI card in my ALIX.2D3 based router.
I have newest kernel (2.6.32+) from Linus git installed.
AP mode is configured with hostapd v0.6.9. My client is Dell D630 laptop
with Intel wifi card. Client is able to connect to AP and access to
network. Everything works perfect until throughput is low. When I start
to download big file at speed of 2-3 MB/s, there are following errors
printed to dmesg on router:

<..>
ath5k phy0: failed to warm reset the MAC Chip
ath5k phy0: can't reset hardware (-5)
<..>

they are printed once and AP is no more visible for client, until
re-loading ath5k module. When I used kernel 2.6.32, there was one
additional error: "ath5k phy0: noise floor calibration timeout". After
upgrading kernel from git, this error is gone.

Hostapd is configured to work in 802.11g mode, with open network (no wpa).

Below is ath5k boot log:

<...>
cfg80211: Calling CRDA to update world regulatory domain
ath5k 0000:00:0c.0: registered as 'phy0'
ath5k phy0: Atheros AR5212 chip found (MAC: 0x56, PHY: 0x41)
cfg80211: Calling CRDA for country: US
ath5k phy0: RF5111 5GHz radio found (0x17)
ath5k phy0: RF2111 2GHz radio found (0x23)
<...>

And lspci output:

00:0c.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. Atheros
AR5001X+ Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Atheros Communications Inc. Device 2027
        Memory at e00c0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
        Kernel driver in use: ath5k
        Kernel modules: ath5k

Also, other problem occurred after upgrading kernel from git:
I'm not able to add wlan0 interface to bridge before starting hostapd.
It doesn't depend on wlan0 interface state (up/down). After hostapd is
started, wlan0 can be added to bridge. Error looks like this:

<..>
[r...@buildroot ~]# brctl addif br0 wlan0
can't add wlan0 to bridge br0: Operation not supported
<..>

Once starting hostapd and killing it, wlan0 can be added and removed
to/from bridge several times. After reloading ath5k module, hostapd need
to be started again to add wlan0 to bridge. This problem is not present
with 2.6.32 kernel.

I'm not familiar with ath5k driver, any help is appreciated.

regards,
Darius A.