On Wednesday 03 March 2010 16:16:25 Benoit PAPILLAULT wrote:
> Bruno, you are correct. I think we can have a two fold approach :
>
> - try to fix TSF reading, IBSS merging, ... as much as we can
>
> - even if we do that, there might be some cases where hardware IBSS
> merges are not properly detected and as such TBTT timers won't be
> properly updated and will (100%?) stop! In this case, what I did in
> madwifi was to have a TBTT watchdog timer that is triggered whenever
> SWBA is not and correct TBTT timers.

i did something similar in ath5k_check_ibss_tsf() - added to ath5k about 2
years ago. it does not use SWBA, but checks after every beacon we received (as
they are the only source of TSF jumps, that should do). as far as i tested, it
worked well, timers are well synchronized and beacons are sent.

> Doing this (and every other idea we have), I'm pretty sure we will get
> something reliable.

sure. some day ;) i just wished we didn't have to work around so many hardware
limitations...

bruno