I saw that coverage class was recently added to the ath5k driver and it
appears to be the first mac80211 driver to offer it. That's great! Now I
would like to test it out without having to be 5 kilometers away.

I have a testbed consisting of a few high power AR5414 and some low
power AR5213a as well as some AR2316 (the AR2316 runs madwifi). I have a
bunch of attenuators so I can simulate the low signal levels but I can't
figure out how to delay the ACK as if the units were far apart.

Is there some debugging code I can turn on or even if I have to hard
code values for now, where I could set the timing for delaying the ACK
response? Or if ath5k can't do it yet, at least I could have one of the
madwifi units pretend it's far away?

Gus