--- Bob Copeland <m...@bobcopeland.com> wrote:

> Also, your
> quality
> may vary widely depending on how noisy the environment is;
> we
> don't do noise immunity yet and that can make a big
> difference
> (usually only matters once you're connected, though).

Bob,
I think you are right on the mark with this. I have changed the channel
and moved the client *REALLY* close to the AP (as in: the antennas almost
touch) and now I get temporary access. Instead of failing right during or
immediately after associating I can send a few ping requests before the
connection fails.
So maybe I should change the subject of my mail from "AP mode support
in ath5k" to "ANI support in ath5k". Any hope in this area?

Thanks and regards
  Joerg