On Friday 26 March 2010 09:44:31 Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> > as well, we all agree that there should be userland controls. the
> > questions is just about the interface to use.
>
> ANI is specific to Atheros cards so debugfs would do it. If we want to
> have a more rigit API we could use a configfs entry for ath9k.

debugfs definetly is the wrong place! users might compile the module with
debugging disabled (for performance reasons, e.g.).

are you sure about configfs? as far as i read about it it's for the dynamic
creation of kernel objects, which is not what we are doing here. or did the
rules change in the mean time?

bruno