On 28.3.2010 13:16, Lukáš Turek wrote:
> On 28.3.2010 12:50 Jiri Moravec wrote:
>> As I reported 22.3., first founded atheros card reported these channels as
>> disabled. If this card is second, then these channels on second card are
>> enabled. WHY?
> I reported the same problem recently:
> https://lists.ath5k.org/pipermail/ath5k-devel/2010-March/003347.html
>
> However I didn't get any reply and my attempts to debug it didn't get far,
> because it's completely random. Sometimes CRDA replies fast enough and the
> kernel sets the correct channels on all cards and didn't ask CRDA again,
> sometimes not and the regdomain is correctly set only on the last card.
>
>> cfg80211 is loaded with: options cfg80211 ieee80211_regdom="CZ". Same
>> userspace, same config, completely different behavior. But on 2.6.32* card
>> report regdom HR!
> It's OK, it's both in the ETSI3_WORLD regdomain.
Why ath report 'ath: Country alpha2 being used: HR' ?
Is it because HR was moved from ETSI3_WORLD to ETSI1_WORLD by commit
bd6b4442ff3cee73f73987cf0c0e66ea677aa075 between 2.6.32 and 33?
And "CZ" is first (in 2.6.33) in alphanumerically ordered
drivers/net/wireless/ath/regd_common.h ETSI3_WORLD domain name list? Then ath
print misleading informations, because it is not country information!
ETSI[1-9]_WORLD is not country.

>> ~ # /etc/init.d/net.wlan0 start
>>  * Bringing up interface wlan0
>>  *   Starting wpa_supplicant on wlan0 ...
>> ioctl[SIOCSIWPMKSA]: Invalid argument
>> ioctl[SIOCSIWMODE]: Invalid argument
> You're using wireless extension instead of nl80211.
Yes. I found that 2.6.33 (working) is configured with CONFIG_WIRELESS_EXT=y but
2.6.32 (not working) not. Investigation needed. ;)

And there is another interesting and unanswered question why kernel crashed
with removing ath5k module.