On Sat June 26 2010 05:41:10 Miklos Christine wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I recently downloaded the compat-wireless-2010-06-23 version of the driver.
> I previously disabled ANI to stop the resetting of the AR5K_PROFCNT_CYCLE,
> AR5K_PROFCNT_TX, and AR5K_PROFCNT_CLR registers, but now the resets are
> still occuring.
> Any suggestions as to what is causing this? I want to disable just the
> resets to those register values.

hi!

yes, this is caused by a recent change of mine. i did this so we can see busy
times also in manual ANI mode
(http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-
testing.git;a=commit;h=9537a1623359fd24ec95ba1fe60528c70e84b2a2). feel free to
revert this commit locally...

may i ask you why you want to disable the resets of these registers? the last
values are always stored in as->pfc_cycles, as->pfc_busy, as->pfc_tx and as-
>pfc_rx, which you might be able to use in your code(?). they are updated
roughly every second (or more often, depending on the situation). if this is
not what you need, it would be possible to improve
ath5k_hw_ani_get_listen_time() to not reset the registers. but it surely
depends on what you want to do...

bruno