On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 14:17:23 +0900, Bruno Randolf <b...@einfach.org> wrote:
> but that's for all tracepoints all over the kernel... i think it's natural
> that this takes some CPU time. note that on these boards even the 22Mbps are
> limited by the CPU processing power.

The key word here is some. The numbers that you pointed out suggest that
the effect here is quite large. I find it hard to believe that something
isn't going wrong here. A single branch instruction really shouldn't be
this onerous unless it's in a fast path, in which case it should
probably be a compile-time option. What is the difference in image size
between kernels with and without tracing?

- Ben