Hi all,

So, I've been banging my head against the wall trying to work out
what's going on here. I'm trying to access the channel utilization
data that was added to cfg80211/nl80211's survey dump on an atheros
card.

It's been difficult to get a working kernel to do this, as the current
master has the correct nl80211 patch, but not the ath5k one. I've
pulled my tree to the latest version, and then cherry-picked the ath5k
commit which adds the survey data to mac80211.

Unfortunately, requesting a survey dump using the modified iw from the
openwrt tree which should be able to extract the new information
causes my kernel to panic.

It appears to be dereferencing a non-existent pointer as the trace
contains a line mentioning CopyToUser. I'm wondering if anyone has
come across this problem and would know what's going wrong? I tried to
get a kernel dump from the alix board we have, but it's now gone into
a reboot cycle, and I can't fix it until Monday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Jonathan Guerin