> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to switch from madwifi to ath5k on AR2315 WiSoC (Fon
> 2100A) using patches from Wojciech and Felix but at module loading
> the
> driver is not able to attach the HW. In particular it seems that
> ath5k
> is not capable to recognize the right mac/phy version/revision in the
> ath5k_hw_init()
>
> ath5k phy0: Couldn't identify radio revision.
> ar231x-wmac ar231x-wmac.0: failed to attach device, err=-19
>
> I am not sure about the right values for these fields and so I used
> the ones I obtained from madwifi-r3314
>
> ah_devid 0x86
> ah_subvendorid 0x168c
> ah_macVersion 0xb
> ah_macRev 0x0
> ah_phyRev 0x48
> ah_analog5GhzRev 0x70
>
> but now the driver hangs in ath5k_hw_post() because it seems it is
> not
> able to write correctly in the defined registers.
>
> Any idea about  these issues? I am using OpenWrt trunk,
> compat-wireless-2010-11-20, kernel 2.6.32.26.

I don't have AR2315 to test it but I will try to dig it out.
The hardware crashes when there is register access to the mac space
before the reset. Or at least this was a case on my AR5312 and AR2313.

I will try to check in documentation what is the difference between
chipsets and why it hangs on ath5k_hw_post. I will probably need
your help for testing if I find something.

Br,
Wojtek

--
Wojciech Dubowik