On 01/18/2011 09:37 PM, Bruno Randolf wrote:
> Up to 4 AP are supported. Please check if you have a compat-wireless version
> or kernel version later than 2010-10-05. Yes the interface is nl80211 now.
>
> bruno

That is good to hear, now if I could only figure it out why its not
working...

I'm using gentoo 2.6.36-hardened-r6 x86 kernel, iw version 0.9.17.  I am
using the following command to create the virtual interfaces:

iw dev wlan0 interface add <interface> type __ap

If I bring up a new device, say ath0, I am able to run hostapd and it
works fine.  If I add a second interface, say ath1, iw adds the device
and brings down the ath0 interface at the same time.  I can see with
ifconfig that the device is down.  If I try to bring ath0 up manually it
shows as UP but there are no more RX/TX packets.

Any idea what is wrong?