On 03/04/2011 06:28 AM, Stanislaw Gruszka wrote:

>>> Is this a band aid or a real fix?
>>
>> I don't know.  It definitely makes things work, but it smells
>> like a hack.  Considering ath9k works fine, it must be something
>> in the ath5k driver, but I can't see any other problems.
>
> In opposite to ath9k, there is no possibility to set multiple sta
> addresses in the ath5k hw. I'm not sure if multiple station virtual
> interfaces have sense is such case.

There is an ssid-mask, and sending directed (layer-2 ethernet frames
directly to/from the STA's MAC addresses) work fine.  It's just ARP
(and probably other broadcast or multicast) that fails to work, as
far as I can tell.

Since my patch only takes affect when there are more than one virtual
station, I think it might be OK, even if it's a bit of a hack.  Normal
users won't see their NIC suddenly go promisc, for instance.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <gree...@candelatech.com>