On 11 June 2011 11:15, Liang <leonc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
> It really works!  When adding
> the REG_SET_BIT(ah, AR_DIAG_SW, AR_DIAG_ACK_DIS)
> after ath9k_hw_process_ini(), Wireshark monitors no IEEE ACK any more.
> There is another question. It is found the transmission rate is really low
> even with UDP packets after disable the ACK. Does it mean some related
> setting/code is needed in the transmitter side to cooperate the receiver's
> no ACK?

Well, if you're disabling ACK, then the receiving side won't be able
to tell you that it's been successful so you can't retransmit. :)
That means any and all collisions, any transient noise, etc is going
to be hurting you.

Wireless isn't, you know, "perfect". :-)

I suggest looking at the receiver errors (CRC for example) and see if
they're coinciding with your UDP traffic flow.

I also suggest looking at using RTS/CTS as well to see if this helps.
Since you're not using any ACKs (and if you're not using
contention-free periods and WME/QoS), then it's possible other devices
are colliding with your TX. Using RTS may reduce this collision rate
somewhat.

HTH,

Adrian