Hi,

Ruh roh, we're straying into evil territory here!

I suggest starting here:

http://wiki.freebsd.org/dev/ath_hal%284%29/RadarDetection

I've crimed the radar setup code from the reference driver and the
madwifi-dfs branch, and I've started collecting the relevant public
documentation for the radar detection hardware.

I suggest starting off by looking at how the madwifi-dfs branch sets
up the radar parameters and then flips on the RX filter bit (and I
think phyerror mask too.) I haven't tried it for the AR5414 but I can
likely find one and throw it onto a board. I won't be able to for a
couple weeks though.

The trick is realising that what you're receiving aren't strictly
radar events, they're "spurious signals which match the radar
threshold parameters and aren't decoded." This is all covered in the
patent filings which I've linked to.

I do know that I've seen radar events from both the AR5212/AR5213 and
the 11n NICs (AR5416, AR9160, AR9280) all under FreeBSD-HEAD, with a
very small/custom DFS module which just initialises the hardware to
send events.

If you're interested in working on an open source DFS matcher then
great! You'll just have to find some test hardware to simulate both
radar pulses and noise/non-radar stuff; the madwifi-dfs branch
apparently has a high false-positive rate.

Adrian