Hello,

I am trying to enable the Power Saving Mode (PSM) in ath5k.
in the AR5424 chipset, by using the command:
iw wlan0 power on

However, I get the message that the operation is not suppoted:

Error for wireless request "Set Power Management" (8B2C) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not supported.

I followed the same approach for the AR9380 chipset using ath9k and it worked,
as I observed that the ping command results in increased values when the card is
in PSM mode (>100ms) and not when the card is in PSM-disabled mode (~1ms).

Can you inform me on the status of PSM implementation in ath5k and
chipsets that potentially support it?

In the case that it is supported, can you also advise on how to enable it?

Thank you in advance,
Stratos.