Hi,

I'm currently working on a project that at some point needs service time
measurements for DATA frames (the amount of time it takes for a frame to just
get transmitted, from the moment it is popped off the outgoing queue by the
hardware).  Until now, I've been using ath5k-supported cards, but have trouble
getting them work reliably in IBSS mode.

So here come my questions.

Since I've been able to modify the ath5k driver to gather service time
measurements, I'd like to know whether it will be possible to adapt my changes
to the ath9k driver.  The changes rely on the ability for the driver to set
the firmware to trigger a TX interrupt each time a frame is successfully
transmitted or all the retransmissions failed.  In madwifi, for example, that
TX interrupt was initially triggered only once every several frames, and
descriptors were cleaned several at a time, at each interrupt.

Is the IBSS well supported in ath9k?  I understand I won't be able to use it
with 802.11n rates, but does it at least support well the 802.11a, b and g
rates?

Are there any USB dongles available on the market and well supported by ath9k?
If that were the case, it would be much more convenient than to replace my
current mini-PCI cards.

In the case of mini-PCI cards, is it possible to put one in replacement of a
802.11g card?  I'm affraid 802.11n cards would have three antenna connectors,
whereas the g cards have only two.

Finally, do you recommend any specific card/dongle that is known for working
well in IBSS mode?

Thanks for your help.

Ignacy

--
Everything is more fun naked except cooking with grease.