On Thu, 2010-01-21 at 14:26 -0800, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:

> AR9280 is Atheros' first dual stream PCI-Express single-chip
> AR9220 is ATheros' first dual stream PCI single-chip
>
> They are essentially the same except for the bus interface.
> Both of them are supported. If there are issues they are bugs.

Thanks.  I see it now.  So we have a bug affecting AR9220, plain and
simple.

I can confirm that 0xdeadbeef comes from the chip, not from some random
place in memory.  Even the supported Ubiquiti SR71-15 returns 0xdeadbeef
when reading from the register 0x00ac (AR_IMR_S2).

The fact that SR71-12 only works if installed in a slot below SR71-15 is
very intriguing.  I checked the modules with nm for possible static
variables, but I cannot spot anything wrong.  I'm going to try
mmiotrace.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin