We are working on Ubiquity SR71-E mini-PCIe card (based on Atheros AR9280
chipset) and we are unable to get noise level.
We use ath9k driver from compat-wireless-2010-10-05 tarball.

As we can see, noise is always equal to -256:
$ watch -n 0 -d cat /proc/net/wireless
Inter-| sta-|   Quality        |   Discarded packets               | Missed | WE
 face | tus | link level noise |  nwid  crypt   frag  retry   misc | beacon | 22
 wlan1: 0000   47.  -63.  -256        0      0      0      0      0        0
 wlan2: 0000    0     0     0        0      0      0      0      0        0
mon.wlan2: 0000    0     0     0        0      0      0      0      0        0

So we would like to know if there is a way to get this value or if it is not
implemented.
In the latter case, how can we estimate signal quality?

Thanks for your help,
Mickael
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended
solely for the addressees.
Messages are susceptible to alteration.
France Telecom Group shall not be liable for the message if altered, changed or
falsified.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it
immediately and inform the sender.