On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 4:29 PM, mason <myongsu.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> An ar9160 chipset is designed for 3X3 mimo support. If I want to use it as
> 2T2R mimo because I have only two antennas, how can I handle with this case?
> Thus, I asked suggestions for two different module vendors.

Decreasing the number of antenna will affect throughput

> One vendor requested me to use a dummy MMCX connector (just as a terminator)
> to plug into the middle connector of the radio module. The other vendor
> suggested me to control in software by ath9k driver, not a terminator. Which
> suggestion is correct? If it is possible with the driver, how can I set it
> up?

Please open the file eeprom_def.c  line 272,273 with latest wireless testing
 case EEP_TX_MASK:
 273                 return pBase->txMask;
 274         case EEP_RX_MASK:
 275                 return pBase->rxMask;

Now hard code it with
case EEP_TX_MASK:
 273                 return 0x3
 274         case EEP_RX_MASK:
 275                 return 0x3

Make sure you connect antenna's to chain 1 and chain2 (in chain 1,2,3).
If there are any problems ,please let us know.