On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 8:03 PM, Olivier BILHAUT
<o.bilh...@fondation-misericorde.fr> wrote:
> Hello !
>
> We're currently putting in production many wireless clients in our
> Hospital (France). There is for the moment 20 linux clients on approx.
> 30 hp  colubris access points.
>
> I know that my request is on the todo list, but does anyone know when
> roaming will be be enhanced in the mac80211 module?

As far as my understanding  implementing roaming in mac80211(even
patches were sent if I am not wrong) was discussed but it was decided
to be better placed in wpa_supplicant(user space).
git cloning the latest wpa_supplicant it has features such as
BG_SCAN(back ground scan) that has significantly enhanced roaming than
it was before.