On 02/25/2011 08:54 PM, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 09:08 -0800, Thomas Andrews wrote:
>> On 02/25/2011 06:15 PM, Mohammed Shafi wrote:
>>>
>>> need to check it out. Can you please explain what are you trying to do ?
>>
>> I am using ath9k as both STA and AP. What I'm trying to do is get the
>> devices (AR9280) to stop acknowledging every frame but rather
>> acknowledge a block of frames. I want to do this to see if I can
>> increase the efficiency of the MAC.
>
> Is there any particular reason for you to look at the delayed block ack
> mechanism instead of immediate block ack? Both of these allow a block of
> frames to be acknowledged without having to acknowledge each frame with
> a separate frame. Unlike the delayed BA, the implicit one is mandatory
> for HT and supported by ath9k.

I am working under the assumption that each frame is currently being
acknowledged, and I was trying to improve on that. My assumption is
purely based upon calculated throughput attainable with and without
per-frame acknowledge. If there is a way to find out what is actually
being acknowledged, I would be keen to know, as I don't know how to do that.

Many thanks,
Thomas