On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Felix Fietkau <n...@openwrt.org> wrote:
>>         option htmode   HT5
>
> HT5? Did you add any custom patches, or is this a configuration error?

No sir; see remark about Will Rogers and ignorance;  my intent was to
force 5 MHz channel width.  Will change per your dictates.

>>         list ht_capab   SHORT-GI-40
>>         list ht_capab   TX-STBC
>>         list ht_capab   RX-STBC1
>>         list ht_capab   DSSS_CCK-40
>>         # REMOVE THIS LINE TO ENABLE WIFI:
>>         option disabled 0
>>         option uapsd    0
>
> What's the 'uapsd' option for?

See comments about Will Rogers and ignornace;  iwconfig on the CPE
reports power save OFF;  this was an attempt to get the same condition
on the AP.

> The packet counts seem rather low, so the client is probably reconnecting
> frequently. You should try to find out what triggers the disconnects.
> Anything interesting in the kernel log about connection loss? Maybe
> something in the wpa_supplicant debug log?

dmesg on the CPE has been quiet.  OT but perhaps related is that
Justin suggested operating the CPE driven by AirOS with the AP turned
off and the result is that the Loco M900 CPE + AirOS does NOT
spontaneously reboot when the AP is turned off.

>>20% busy time with only about 5% combined rx/tx time, I guess there's some
>> interference on the channel which might be messing with your signal as well.
>> Please try different channels and compare the survey output there.

The information we have is from Robert @ UBNT some years back about
the correspondence for the UBNT SR9.  Said table is:

IEEE 802.11 Channel 3 = Carrier Frequency 922 MHz
IEEE 802.11 Channel 4 = Carrier Frequency 917 MHz
IEEE 802.11 Channel 5 = Carrier Frequency 912 MHz
IEEE 802.11 Channel 6 = Carrier Frequency 907 MHz

Using AirOS, the only fs which would operate without spontaneous
reboots were 909 MHz and 914 MHz (channel shifting).

We presume lack of robustness in the presence of interference as we
have also observed spontaneous reboots of AirOS on 2.4 GHz 20 MHz
channels;  the chain change is just to narrow the scope, perhaps even
a clumsy effort to narrow the scope.

The monitoring system currently reports no link between the AP and the CPE.

kind regards/ldv