I'd not work with MSI and our Atheros based hardware do not require it. I only
have a AR9380 based card and done some tests on standard PC for Sucheta ROY.
I haavn't much knowlege how the MSI is processed in Linux kernel, but it seems
not working with AR9380 without some special setup in hardware.
Really don't understand how MSI can correlate with scan results...
Best regards,
Alex.