* On 15.07.2011 04:54 AM, Grant wrote:
>   I don't feel anything as long as they're a few feet away. I tried a
> Bluetooth headset a few times and it was good for an instant headache.
> Too bad cause that would have been cool. Anyway, maybe I'm sensitive
> to the 2.4Ghz band. I don't know.

Hum, given that, are you actually sure you want to use WLAN? Even cards
transmit data and especially with laptops, you've got no other choice
but to stay close to it.

> I read in the reviews that people are achieving 300Mbps so I don't
> think the throughput is affected, but what is the functional
> difference between N and Draft-N?

I'm not sure if this is entirely correct, so anyone is invited to
correct me if I'm giving false information now. As far as I know, it's
impossible to say whether there are functional differences between
draft-n and n. Draft-n just means that the card was assembled/developed
when 802.11n was still a draft and no official standard yet. I don't
know how much the draft changed in process to ratification, but I GUESS
the changes are minimal, if even existent. So I'd rather see that as an
age indicator rather than functional delimiter. You can never be totally
sure though...

Best regards,

Mihai